Work for The Cultural Experience
The Cultural Experience is a small tour operator specialising in art, historical, battlefield and school tours; our current vacancies can be found below.
A vacancy has arisen for a full-time operations manager. As part of a relatively small but growing company, you will be supported by your operations assistant. Your hands-on responsibilities will include:
• Negotiating, purchasing & liaising with travel suppliers (flights, hotels, transport providers, DMCs, restaurants) within budget and quality expectations
• Measure financial performance of tours
• Management of assistant and tour managers
• Manage pre-tour and documentation requirements for guides and tour managers
• Issue client joining instructions
• Prepare quotations for ad-hoc tour requests
• Evaluate and improve quality standards
• Manage company crisis management procedures
• Travel abroad to act as tour manager and/or meet with suppliers
The Company: The Cultural Experience
The Cultural Experience is a leading international battlefield, historical and cultural tour operator offering expert led holidays to destinations throughout the world. We offer a wide range of scheduled escorted tours including archaeology, military history and general history tours. We also provide school trips and organise bespoke tours for The Army.
A key member of our friendly team, you will bring energy and dynamism to strengthen the quality and value of our tour operations. You will have worked in tour operations or been a travel consultant for at least five years. An outgoing individual with good organisational skills, you will be a problem solver, multi-tasker, competent negotiator, widely travelled, hold a current driving licence and be an experienced user of MS Office. Competency in a European language and an interest in history would be advantageous.
We offer a negotiable salary, dependent upon experience with profit related bonus. We are a 10-minute walk from Salisbury town centre, but also offer free car-parking. 23 days holiday plus bank holidays. You will enjoy the occasional company night out and weekend away.
Email your CV together with a covering letter that highlights your value to the company and demonstrates your understanding of our products and ethos to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome approaches by academics, historians and retired senior officers who would like to guide our tours. We would like to hear from convivial raconteurs confident in their subject who enjoy travel. If that’s you, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com so we can explore mutually beneficial opportunities.
For more information on current vacancies, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.